July 28th, 2021
Invisalign Teen is one the newer styles of braces, and perfect for those who do not like the standard metal braces. They are available in a clear material that is practically invisible called aligners that are replaced every two weeks. The aligners are custom made for each patient and gradually straighten teeth without all of the metal and rubber bands that come with traditional braces.
Is Invisalign as effective?
If your child will wear them as directed to, then the answer is yes, they are as effective as traditional metal braces. However, to make sure the child is actually wearing them correctly you will notice a small blue spot on the back of each aligner. This is called an indicator and if worn correctly will fade over a period of two weeks. Dr. Reid Wenger and Dr. Harry Shim will be able to tell if the patient is not wearing them correctly.
Can Invisalign be removed?
Parents should be aware that the Invisalign aligners can be removed for up to four hours per day to eat, brush teeth, play sports, or play musical instruments. With the option of removing them it actually makes brushing and flossing easier and helps oral hygiene. The recommended time to wear them is at least 20 hours per day.
How long does treatment take and what is the cost?
Your teen will wear Invisalign as long as traditional braces. However, each patient is different so you should speak with Dr. Reid Wenger and Dr. Harry Shim to determine how many months your child can expect to wear them.
The cost is also very similar to other traditional braces; however there is no set fee. The cost will depend on your child’s unique orthodontic need.
Invisalign Teen has had remarkable success because patients are happy to have the option of having clear aligners for treatment. With the child more confident they are actually more prone to keep up with their treatment and many do complete their treatment sooner. You should speak with Dr. Reid Wenger and Dr. Harry Shim as soon as possible to learn about the benefits of Invisalign Teen.
July 21st, 2021
In-Ovation braces are much smaller than traditional braces, are less noticeable on your teeth, and use the method of self-ligation. This type of braces doesn’t require the use of the elastic bands to keep the wires in the correct place, which makes your orthodontic experience more convenient and comfortable.
There are two types of In-Ovation braces: In-Ovation R and In-Ovation C, both of which supply the same benefits of less pain than traditional braces, shorter treatment time, and a beautiful smile!
In-Ovation R Braces
This impressive orthodontic treatment is specifically aimed to provide you with a better hygienic and aesthetically favorable treatment procedure while moving your misaligned and crooked teeth into a better more attractive position.
In addition, the distinctive method of In-Ovation R braces provides less discomfort because there is nearly no pressure applied to your teeth. Another benefit of In-Ovation R braces is you do not require as many visits with Dr. Reid Wenger and Dr. Harry Shim during your treatment process.
Other benefits include:
- Quicker treatment time: About four months shorter than the traditional braces
- More comfortable
- Fewer visits to our Aurora office
- Enhanced facial aesthetics
- Shorter orthodontic appointments with no uncomfortable adjustments
- No elastic bands or metal allows for easy care of your dental health and a reduction in the risk of developing cavities
With traditional metal braces, elastic bands are used to keep the wires in place. In-Ovation R braces use a free-sliding technology that gently moves your teeth while implementing minimal to no pressure. The procedure can also make the entire progress quicker and completed without all the discomfort and inconvenience.
In-Ovation C braces offer all same the benefits of In-Ovation R, with one small difference: this type of braces is clear in color. Rhodium (a silvery-white metallic element) covers the clips making the In-Ovation C braces appear less visible. In-Ovation C braces offer a more inconspicuous way to straighten your teeth, and give you that beautiful smile you always wanted.
July 14th, 2021
In-Ovation self-ligating braces are becoming a favorite for those who are faced with having to get braces. There are many differences that are making them increasingly popular among dental patients.
What sets In-Ovation apart from the rest?
There are many reasons why patients are choosing In-Ovation when deciding which braces will work best for them. One of the main reasons is that there is a significantly shorter amount of time that you have to wear them. There are also fewer appointments at our Aurora office, since there are no rubber bands to be replaced.
Since there are no rubber bands, In-Ovation makes brushing and flossing much easier. The brackets are low-profile, making them more comfortable and more aesthetic as well.
Different Styles of In-Ovation
In-Ovation R braces are small, metallic like clips that replace the common metal braces and the elastic bands. This type of braces makes it harder for plaque to build up, so it is easier to keep your teeth clean. Your teeth move quickly and painlessly with the free-sliding treatment technique.
In-Ovation C braces offer all same the benefits of the In-Ovation R, with one small difference: this type of bracket is clear. Rhodium (a silvery-white metallic element) covers the clips making the In-Ovation C braces appear less visible. In-Ovation C braces offer a more inconspicuous way to straighten your teeth, and give you that beautiful smile you always wanted
Rest assured that if you choose In-Ovation self-ligating braces, you will not regret it. You will be able to enjoy looking good and feeling great about your smile during and after your treatment.
July 7th, 2021
We’ve heard all the reasons why folks put off scheduling an orthodontic consultation: not quite ready to begin treatment, vacations, busy schedules, financial concerns, etc.
Here are five reasons why you shouldn’t delay another day to make an appointment for yourself or your child with Dr. Reid Wenger and Dr. Harry Shim.
1. Growth – there is a window of opportunity during growth when an orthopedic appliance can change the direction of jaw growth and dramatically improve your child’s case. Once this time has passed, the correction becomes harder and may involve extraction of teeth or even worse, a surgical procedure to properly align the jaws.
2. Scheduling – Summertime is the perfect time to begin orthodontic treatment, because your child doesn’t have to miss school, especially for those longer appointments needed at the start of treatment.
3. Early Diagnosis – Many times, early interceptive treatment at Wenger Orthodontics can dramatically improve the alignment of your child’s teeth and jaws. If baby teeth need to be extracted in order to allow the permanent teeth to erupt, timing is everything. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children receive an orthodontic consultation as early as age seven.
4. Financial Concerns – We offer several flexible payment plans which can be extended over your or your child’s treatment time.
5. A Lifetime of Smiles – Why wait when you can enjoy the many benefits of a beautiful and functional smile now. The sooner you get started the sooner you will be showing everyone your world-class smile.
Give us a call at our convenient Aurora office to book your initial consulation with Dr. Reid Wenger and Dr. Harry Shim.